After all the volunteers had completed their long journey to Brossac and had spent the first night in their new home at La Giraudière, the group of international volunteers decided to explore Angoulême the provincial capital of the Charente department.
The idea of taking a day off to visit this beautiful city was suggested by the project manager, Paul Rice and the volunteers just love it.
Known as “La cité de la bande dessinée“, it is full of street art, paintings, culture and shops with different regional products made in Charente.
Our volunteers enjoyed a day visiting the monuments of the city, walking through the pedestrian street, checking out the street art and also having a nice picnic next to the river.
Discover the “must do” in Angoulême according to our volunteers:
– Visit the street murals (free maps available in the tourism office!)
– Picnic next to the Charente river
– Visit the Cathedral and it’s museum
– Visit the museum of “bande dessinée”
– Attend the Festival International de la Bande Dessinée
– Do a boat trip on Charente river
If you are interested in joining the international group of volunteers at La Giraudière, you can read more about the Erasmus project at Erasmus Project in France or you can visit the International volunteer’s website at Volunteering in France.