Erasmus Internship France
|Erasmus Internships |
|How to Apply and|
|Erasmus Internship Fees|
What is Included
Facility Management Internship
Location – La Giraudière, Brossac, South West France
Internship Type – Tasks and projects related to the organisation’s purpose and mission and possibly encompassing the academic or business qualification you hope to receive or may already have. This internship will include Group French, or English language lessons half a day each week length of the internship selected.
Interns Career Level – Trainee/Intern
Length of Internship – The minimum internship is 2 months
Intern Dates – Dates at present are flexible with places available spring, summer and the fall.
Hours – The maximum hours for Erasmus Interns is 32 hours per week includes your Language lessons
Assessment – Your French, or English, language skills will be assessed in terms of Listening, Reading, Spoken Interaction, Spoken Production and Writing. Group Lessons – Half a day each week there is a group French lesson.
Appraisal – A final appraisal of your improvement as compared with your original assessment will be carried out during the last week of your internship, and an award of French Language attainment will be presented alongside your Certificate of Internship and Letter of Achievement.
Assure the effective functioning of a facility to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company
Main Job Description, Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities of a facility manager.
We use La Giraudiere as the facility for this internship as with its variety of apartments, out buildings, workshops, park, gardens, on going building sites, and offices is an ideal mix to learn the skill of a facility manager.
- How to put in place and develop and implement a facility maintenance program
- How to Develop and implement a facility preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements
- conducting and documenting regular facilities inspections
- ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency
- coordinate internal moves
- supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- oversee facility refurbishment and renovations
- plan and manage facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and parking
- implement best practice processes to increase efficiency
- obtain quotes and tenders from exterior vendors and suppliers
- calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- managing contractors and vendors relationships
- manage and review services contracts to ensure our needs are being met
- checking completed work by contractors and vendors
- verify payment and invoicing match estimates / contract pricing
- plan and monitor appropriate facility management staffing levels ie cleaners property maintenance
- ensure efficient utilization of facility maintenance staff
- performance manage, develop and train staff.
- prepare and track facility budget.
- monitor expenses and payments.
- develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- advise on and monitor energy efficiency
- oversee environmental health and safety
- assure security of the facility
- provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
The facility internship will help to develop the following Key Skills and Competencies required for this position
- communication skills
- planning and organizational skills
- negotiation skills
- problem analysis
- customer service orientation
- team work
This internship is normally carried out along side the Property maintenance internship as being a small facility they are intertwined.
Your Resume / CV just got a boost:
Rewards – At the completion of the internship you will receive a Certificate of Internship, a Letter of Achievement, an award of French Language attainment and the knowledge of how to make a Resume / CV that is search engine friendly.